U.S. manufacturing loses 7,000 jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Loses 7,000 Jobs in November.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs numbers were issued this morning. The U.S. manufacturing sector lost 7,000 jobs in November. On net, manufacturing employment has shown little change since May.
Said Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"Companies like Apple are demonstrating that some reshoring is possible. But as the latest jobs report shows, we have a long way to go. I’m troubled by the stall we’ve seen in manufacturing job growth. Manufacturing unemployment has been essentially unchanged since May.
"President Obama has laid out a goal of creating one million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. That won’t be easy to do if we are merely treading water.
"Manufacturing played a huge role in the election, with unprecedented spending on TV ads on outsourcing and jobs. It's time for both parties to channel their positive energy towards a manufacturing policy agenda, starting with passage of legislation to address China's undervalued currency. We can’t wait any longer."
Related recent Blogs
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013