December 7, 2012 Headlines: Much ado about Apple
New York Times: Despite Apple's decision, a manufacturing renaissance may not happen.
Slate: Too late to worry about China audits.
New York Times: Consequences of not compromising with China firms could be dire.
Bloomberg: China's state-subsidized businesses rebounding more quickly than small firms.
Coverage of Apple's announcement:
Wall St. Journal: Does Apple's decision to bring manufacturing to U.S. indicate the start of a trend?
Wall St. Journal: How will Apple's decision play economically?
Forbes: Speculation on why Apple will start manufacturing some products in the U.S.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013